Sunday, November 17, 2013

Week Six

Day 36 (20.10.13)

I met up with Katie in the afternoon and we went sweater shopping before our plans to go grocery shopping for dinner with Max. We got lunch at the Pasta to Go cart, and usually this wouldn't be blog post-worthy, but the guy who was working looked like Chad Michael Murray. So that was cool. ;)

After grocery shopping at Tesco, the three of us headed back to my place in the rain. Max gets to stay in a dorm really close to SU and High St, so he had no idea how out of the way the home stays are. He said he'd never complain about walking again...ha ha.

To start our evening off right, we introduced Max to "The IT Crowd" and then we watched one of Max and Katie's favorites, "Singin in the Rain". While I knew some of the music from it, I hadn't ever seen the whole thing, which I now realize is a crime. It's a classic. 


Also, Debbie Reynolds, who played Kathy, looks like my paternal grandmother when she was young. She was (and is) beautiful.

After the movie, it was crepe time. Max was very interested in learning how to make crepes, so we had fun cooking. Katie was even able to successfully flip a crepe with just the pan. 



We made around 30 crepes, and we finished them all (Max ate the most). They were absolutely fantastic. So very good.

After devouring our smorgasbord and cleaning up, we watched the "House of Wax" (the one from the 1950's with Vincent Prince, not the one with Paris Hilton).

We ended up talking until 4:30 am, just about random stuff. I think that's the latest I've been up since coming to England. It was fun, though.


Day 38 (22.10.13)

As I believe I've mentioned before, Katie loves soccer. So I joined her at the SU to watch Arsenal (who I've become a fan of) vs. Borussia Dortmund (BVB). While I have an appreciation for soccer, I wouldn't spend the money to go to a game. I still feel a bit like Moss from The IT Crowd when watching soccer...


I was routing for Arsenal, Kat for BVB. I don't remember the final score, (2-1, maybe?) but BVB won. 

"The problem with Arsenal is they always try to walk it in." -The IT Crowd


Day 39 (23.10.13)

For reasons unknown, there is a full size electric keyboard in my Modern Britain classroom. As there is a two hour break between the class before ours, I decided to print off some of my favorite pieces and play it. I've really missed playing the piano, so it was nice to play even for a little while.

Day 42 (26.10.13)

To end our week, Katie and I made Mac n Cheese pizza at her home stay and watched "When Harry Met Sally" and "What to Expect When You're Expecting". A good way to end the week, for sure.

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment