Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Week Four

Day 24: Good to be Home (8.10.13)

After having gotten home so late from my weekend in Ireland, I spent the day recuperating... i.e. Netflix. Katie got me hooked on Arrested Development. I decided I'd be productive the next day.


And it was also my kitty Simba's 16th birthday! Happy Birthday, Simba!

His love for me shows, doesn't it? ;P

Day 25 (9.10.13)

Today I auditioned for the Drama Society's original production of The Tales of Beedle the Bard (of the wizarding world of Harry Potter). I wasn't sure what to do for a monologue so I stuck with my tried but true Curley's Wife Monologue from Of Mice and Men. I was way more nervous than I usually am when auditioning, but I think I did alright. 


Day 26 (10.10.13)

Our (the ICISP girls') mentor, Pat, had us over for dinner at his flat to catch up and give us a home cooked meal. The food was delicious and the company was fun.


Day 27 (11.10.13)

Field Trip Friday! Today's destination was Windsor Castle and Runnymede.


Windsor Castle is beautiful. THIS IS THE KIND OF CASTLE I'VE BEEN WAITING TO SEE! It is so regally decorated and has so much history, it's no wonder the Queen still visits. Unfortunately, we weren't allowed to take photos inside...



It was a really enjoyable visit. The usual three of us invited a guy named Max to hang out with us. He's pretty shy and quiet initially, but he ended up being a cool, fun guy to hang out with. It made our time that much more fun. :)

After we had explored Windsor Castle thoroughly, we got cream teas at a cafe nearby. It wasn't as good as the one at The Queen of Tarts, but I don't think any place will compare. 

Unlike in my photos above, the weather made a turn for the worse suddenly. Soon it was windy, cold, and rainy. Our next destination, Runnymede, was an outdoor walking tour. Sixty Americans reluctantly got off the bus, umbrellas in hand. Even though our tour was shortened, we all managed to get soaked during the half hour we were there. 

The struggle was too real.

Day 28 (12.10.13)

Being dutiful students, Mariel, Katie, and I spent the day at Augustine House working on our essays for Modern Britain and British Literature...that happened to be due in three days. I guess we forgot that we're going to school here and thus have to complete assignments... We did get a lot of work done, though.

We had a pub lunch/dinner at the Student Union as a break/reward for working so hard. 

And as the week started, the week ended: watching Arrested Development. This time in an empty Augustine House with Katie. We party hard.

Thanks for reading about my rather uneventful week! Next week will be more interesting, I promise. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment