Sunday, September 15, 2013

Somewhere Above the US (8:00 PM)


**I'm posting this a day after I wrote it, as I was unable to post it at the time.



My last post was 13 days to departure, and now I’m on the plane. Those days really flew by. Of course, they didn’t feel like they were flying by when each day was happening, but here I am, eating complimentary pretzels in the sky.

This past week has been really great spending time with friends and family. I’m not the best with goodbyes, but luckily they’ve all been pretty good, save a couple. I’m just so thankful that the people in my life are so supportive of me.

All of yesterday was spent running last minute errands and PACKING. So much packing. I cannot believe I fit three months worth of clothes and products into one large suitcase, a backpack and a small duffel bag. However another part of me feels like I packed too much… I probably did. Better safe than sorry, right?

After all, I can’t really comprehend how long I’ll be gone. I know that I’m going away for a while, but three months? The longest I’ve been away from home is a little over a week, and that was at a place I knew well with people I’ve known my whole life. I’m going to be in a whole other country, 4000+ miles away from my life in Wisconsin. It’s crazy!

I truly am very excited for this experience. I can’t wait to step off the plane into Heathrow Airport, like Love Actually! (My favorite movie ever.) After that, I’ll be taking a shuttle into Canterbury, where I’ll be dropped off at my homestay! I’m staying with a lovely woman named Muriel and I’m really looking forward to meeting her.

I’ll be writing all about my first day in Britain tomorrow, but for now I’m going to try and get some sleep. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment